Hi and welcome to the Smart controller support pages!
Make sure to read the instructions below the download link!
If you need ANY support at all, feel free to either join the Telegram group or contact me directly:
- Install the app from Google Play OR using the APK file above.
- Start the app.
- It will ask for GPS (Location) permissions, this is normal:
Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), specifically the active scan for devices could be used to locate the phone, for example inside a mall. For this reason, it’s in this permission category. Don’t fear, we don’t use GPS at all!
- The rest should be pretty self-explanatory, just play around with it!
- Do not cancel the firmware upgrade, just put the phone down and wait for a few minutes.
If you haven’t updated your NEBULITE Smart product since the Kickstarter Campaign, AND have an iPhone newer than 6s, you will NEED to do the first update from an old iPhone or any Android.
DO NOT TRY TO DO THE FIRST UPDATE WITH A NEW IPHONE!
The oooold bootloader is faulty and you will brick your NEBULITE and will need a PC or Mac to fix it.
Please read below (“Update bootloader via Mac or PC”) if you prefer that anyway, otherwise please grab the nearest Android or old iPhone, install the app and get it over with :)!
The app is still in beta state, so you need to install “TestFlight” first:
Troubleshooting the firmware update
If this is above your skill set, PLEASE contact me, I’ll gladly help you via TeamViewer or phone :)!
- Download the NEBULITE_Bootloader_Flasher.zip
- Unpack it
- Open up the bottom of the backpack (inside of the fanny pack, inner right pocket of the jacket), look for a USB plug in a USB socket and unplug it
- Unplug the “headphone” jacks (those are the LEDs and Drawstrings!), but remember which ones goes where!
- Remove the controller from the bag and open up the lid
- Press and hold the tiny button on the controller and plug the USB cable into your computer or Mac!
- The controller should light up green!
- Double-Click “update_bootloader.command” on Mac, or “update_bootloader.bat” on Windows
- Follow the on-screen instructions